Pre - planning a funeral will ensure that the funeral reflects your wishes, and that there is money available to pay for your funeral. It allows you the time needed to make practical decisions. Your family will not be burdened with having to make important decisions about your wishes or having the financial burden at a very stressful time.
We will meet with you and family members if desired. We will help you select the funeral service and merchandise you desire. We can help you and your family with questions about Medicaid eligibility and pre - paying funerals.
We are members of the New Jersey Funeral Directors Association and we participate in their program, the New Jersey Prepaid Funeral Trust Fund. We can help you decide whether a revocable or irrevocable trust fund would best fit your needs. We also have available Sure - Trust, which is a Funeral Insurance Administration Trust, this fund makes it possible for certain life insurance policies to be revocably or irrevocably assigned. If you have any questions about pre - planning a funeral for yourself or a family member please contact us and will answer any questions or concerns you may have, or we can schedule an appointment to meet with you or your family.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can co-ordinate a payment plans that suits your needs, from a single payment plan to monthly bank account withdrawals. By pre-paying your funeral you eliminate your family second guessing on if they have spent too much or too little on your funeral. Pre-payment also protects you and your family from inflation, and the growth is non-taxable. Depending on your region, if your funeral costs less than the amount you have put aside, those funds will be refunded back to your beneficiaries. For more information on what is applicable in your region, simply speak to your funeral director. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay their funeral, these plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of service you want (religious, military, non-traditional)
- Choose which funeral home to use.
- Designate your pallbearers, pick any music or readings you want at your service.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone, pre-planning gives yourself, family and friends peace of mind. Pre-planning gives your loved ones direction of your wants and desires.
- It’s easy. Anyone can do it, and you can change your mind at any time.